[Lighting Guide] Brighten Your Home With 6 Easy Lighting Ideas
With an overwhelming number of lighting styles and options available online, selecting the appropriate lighting fixtures and bulbs for your unique needs is a daunting task. Insufficient lighting makes your home appear dull, causes fatigue and is unsafe for movement about.
Lighting design is specifically created for solutions that improve the life, safety, and welfare of those using the space by integrating the proper general, task, accent, and decorative lighting including the appropriate proportion, installation, bulb, energy efficiency, and controls. In fact, creating a quality, personalized lighting layout and design to meet the needs your lifestyle is crucial for 24/7 multi-use by multiple generations.
In my national award-winning design practice, I am professionally trained to design lighting solutions tailored for you that incorporate the latest products, fixtures and technology to create modern environments by sourcing and specifying lighting not only for function and beauty, but for safety, joy, and various uses.
Are you ready to get started on lighting solutions for a beautiful and efficient home? Try a 90-minute Design Starter Consultation [LEARN MORE HERE]. Our exclusive Consultation is a 90-minute working meeting (in-person or virtual) that offers guidance to define your vision, generate ideas, create a budget, and guide you on your next steps to proceed with your home’s lighting plan – helping you to navigate a personalized and focused path to proceed. It’s great way to start the design process and feel confident and joyful in your home again.
I’d like to help you improve functionality, wellness, and efficiency in your living environment by sharing some lighting ideas you can implement that will make your home more vibrant, comforting and efficient.
Lighting Design Solutions To Get You Started:
- General – Install ceiling lighting to diffuse general light, and floor lamps and table lamps near seating areas for targeted tasks like reading for reduced eye strain.
- Multiple Tasks – Design a multi-layered lighting scheme for general overhead lighting, targeted task lighting, and automatic sensor lighting for nighttime safety.
- Ambiance – Combine various light sources like a ceiling fixture with a dimmer for ambiance, and bedside lamps for reading create a layered relaxing atmosphere.
- Layered Sources – Add multiple light sources that specifically target your high-performance needs from general ceiling lighting, to undercabinet task lighting for meal prep, to island pendants for eating and studying.
- Safety – Incorporate fixtures made for outdoor elements that not only add curb appeal, but provides adequate safety and wayfinding at night.